Benefits of Membership
- Information on ONPARA-sanctioned programs, leagues, tournaments, clinics, seminars, and events.
- The ability to participate in ONPARA-sanctioned events (local/regional, provincial, and national levels).
- The ability to be selected to an ONPARA provincial team.
- The ability to rent a sport wheelchair through the ONPARA Wheelchair Loans Program.
- Liability insurance coverage when participating in ONPARA-sanctioned clubs/programs and events.
- Voting privileges at the ONPARA Annual General Meeting.
- The opportunity to participate in special events, giveaways, contests, etc.
- New! Compliance with provincial Rowan’s Law concussion safety requirements.
Annual membership is only $25 and runs from October 1 – September 30.
ONPARA members can choose to complete their membership registration either online or in person/by mail. If you would prefer to submit a hard copy of the membership form, please download the 2019-2020 Membership Registration Form (PDF).
ONPARA members can choose to pay their membership fee online (via credit card or PayPal) or in person by cash or cheque. When registering online, simply select your desired payment method upon check out – either ‘Cheque Payment’ or ‘PayPal’ (PayPal will also process credit cards).
Cheques can be made out to the Ontario Para Network and mailed to:
Ontario Para Network
100 Sunrise Avenue, Suite 101
Toronto, ON M4A 1B3
NEW! – Rowan’s Law Concussion Awareness Resources & Sport Organization Requirements:
Ontario is a national leader in concussion management and prevention. Rowan’s Law (Concussion Safety), 2018 makes it mandatory, as of July 1, 2019, for sport organizations to:
Please ensure that you have reviewed the Ministry-approved Concussion Awareness Resources and have read and agreed to the Athlete Concussion Code of Conduct and/or Coaches/Team Trainers Concussion Code of Conduct prior to becoming an ONPARA member.
- Concussion Awareness Resources (online)
- Athlete Concussion Code of Conduct
- Coaches/Team Trainers Concussion Code of Conduct
While Rowan’s Law only applies to athletes under the age of 26, we highly encourage all athletes to educate themselves on concussion safety, regardless of age.
Return to Sport
ONPARA follows Parachute Canada’s Return to Sport Guidelines.
For more information regarding Rowan’s Law and the Government of Ontario’s concussion safety plan, please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-safety