Benefits of ONPARA Membership
- Information on ONPARA-sanctioned programs, leagues, tournaments, clinics, seminars, and events.
- The ability to participate in ONPARA-sanctioned events (local/regional, provincial, and national levels).
- The ability to be selected to an ONPARA provincial team.
- The ability to rent a sport wheelchair through the ONPARA Wheelchair Loans Program.
- Liability insurance coverage when participating in ONPARA-sanctioned clubs/programs and events.
- Voting privileges at the ONPARA Annual General Meeting.
- The opportunity to participate in special events, giveaways, contests, etc.
- Compliance with provincial Rowan’s Law concussion safety requirements.
Annual membership is only $27.50 and runs from October 1 – September 30.
ONPARA has partnered with the Communiti Sports App to help our member clubs expand their reach. The app is easy-to-use with a modern, user-friendly interface. This partnership will provide a platform for the public to get involved in our programs. To register, please click HERE
ONPARA members can choose to pay their membership fee online (via credit card or debit). When registering via the app, simply select your desired payment method upon check out.
ONPARA is eliminating the use of paper registrations and cheques. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you need assistance, please contact Naiomi Braithwaite email@example.com
Rowan’s Law Concussion Awareness Resources & Sport Organization Requirements:
Ontario is a national leader in concussion management and prevention. Rowan’s Law (Concussion Safety), 2018 makes it mandatory, as of July 1, 2019, for sport organizations to:
Please ensure that you have reviewed the Ministry-approved Concussion Awareness Resources and have read and agreed to the Athlete Concussion Code of Conduct and/or Coaches/Team Trainers/Officials Concussion Code of Conduct prior to becoming an ONPARA member.
- Concussion Awareness Resources (online)
- Athlete Concussion Code of Conduct
- Coaches/Team Trainers/Officials Concussion Code of Conduct
While Rowan’s Law only applies to athletes under the age of 26, we highly encourage all athletes to educate themselves on concussion safety, regardless of age.
Post-Concussion ‘Return to Sport’
ONPARA follows Parachute Canada’s Return to Sport Guidelines.
For more information regarding Rowan’s Law and the Government of Ontario’s concussion safety plan, please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-safety
Questions about membership can be directed to:
Membership & Administrative Coordinator