Mission and Vision
Mission and Vision of the Ontario Para Network
Our mission at the Ontario Para Network is to grow opportunities for participation in adaptive sports. As the governing body for wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair tennis in the province, we offer opportunities for athletes with and without physical disabilities to participate in recreational, competitive and high performance programs. We lead, develop, support and advocate for athletes, coaches and volunteers to build strong and inclusive sport communities. Together with our network of partners, we are committed to building a diverse and fully inclusive sport system.
- We connect people with wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, or wheelchair tennis clubs, programs or coaches.
- Our Bridging the Gap program provides opportunities to for “Have a Go” days and other introductory adaptive sport sessions to try our sports first-hand.
- We provide awareness of wheelchair sports through our Schools Program, founded in partnership with Wheelchair Basketball Canada.
- We provide opportunities to compete at tournaments, meets, and events at the local, provincial, and national level.
- We provide sport wheelchairs through the ONPARA Wheelchair Loans program.
- Our Enabling Change program teaches the importance of accessibility and inclusion in the classroom or the workplace through participation.
- We provide our wheelchair athletes with funding opportunities through provincial programs, bursaries and grants.
Stewards of inclusion through adaptive sport
Together with our partners, grow awareness and opportunities for adaptive sports in Ontario
- Collaborative – stronger together
- Exceptional experience