About our School Programs
The ONPARA School Programs are designed to introduce and promote inclusive sport, and encourage youth of all ages and abilities to be physically active. For more information about any of the programs below, please contact us at email@example.com !
Wheelchair Basketball School Program
The Wheelchair Basketball School Program was created in partnership with Wheelchair Basketball Canada in 2017, and was initially made possible thanks to the generous support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation1. Since the program began in 2017, we have visited more than 200 schools across the Greater Toronto Area, introducing wheelchair basketball to well over 100,000 students!
- Wheelchair Basketball Presentation
- Sport Wheelchair Rental Week
- Secondary School Festivals
- Virtual Program
For program details, pricing, and information on how to book, please visit our Wheelchair Basketball School Program page!
Para-Athletics Student Support
Do you have a student with a physical disability interested in competing in wheelchair racing at OFSAA? We can help!
- Racing chair rentals
- Education and resources for teachers/coaches, focused on safety and fundamentals
- Introductions to local para-athletics coaches, athlete ambassadors, and community programs
- Ongoing communication and support
‘Have a Go’ Sessions and Individual Loans
As part of our Bridging the Gap program, we provide a variety of programs and services for students with physical disabilities and their teachers to encourage full participation in physical education classes and other school sport activities.
- ‘Have a Go’ sessions to introduce our sports (and/or general wheelchair sport activities) to a specific class or group
- Individual sport wheelchair loans to encourage active participation in physical education classes
- Resource guides and ongoing support for teachers looking to provide more inclusive physical education programming for students with physical disabilities
- Connections to community programs for students interested in participating in adaptive sport outside of school
Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more !
¹An agency of the Government of Ontario, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is one of Canada’s largest granting foundations. With a budget of over $136 million, OTF awards grants to some 1,000 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. For more information, please visit www.otf.ca
Banner photo courtesy of Wheelchair Basketball Canada