Our mission at the Ontario Para Network is to grow opportunities for participation in adaptive sports. As the governing body for wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair tennis in the province, we offer opportunities for athletes with and without physical disabilities to participate in recreational, competitive and high performance programs. We lead, develop, support and advocate for athletes, coaches and volunteers to build strong and inclusive sport communities. Together with our network of partners, we are committed to building a diverse and fully inclusive sport system.
- 02/03 Ontario Para Games Open to All
- 02/20 Canada Games-Wheelchair Basketball Open to All
- 05/05 2023 Wheelchair Rugby National Championships Open to All
- 04/15 CWBL Women’s National Championship Open to All
We provide support and a variety of programs and services to our members and clubs in order to encourage athletes with a disability to get active, have fun, and challenge themselves through the power of sport.
- Find a local wheelchair basketball, rugby, or tennis club/program in your area.
- Try out our sports first-hand through our Bridging the Gap “Have A Go” sessions and other introductory wheelchair sports programs and events.
- Compete in your chosen sport at tournaments, meets, and events at the local, provincial, and national level.
- Rent a sport wheelchair through the ONPARA Wheelchair Loans Program.
- Discover various funding opportunities for wheelchair athletes, such as Quest for Gold, bursaries, and grants.
View our Events Calendar to learn about upcoming programs and events in your area and make sure to contact us for details.