Research Study: Pain in children and youth with cerebral palsy
Understanding pain trajectories and their association with well-being in children and youth with cerebral palsy
- We are asking children and youth with cerebral palsy to help us learn about if they hurt and if it affects them.
- This study will help us better understand about if and how much pain is felt by children and youth with cerebral palsy.
Call to action
Do you have cerebral palsy? Help us learn about if you ever hurt and how you feel about it.
Who can participate
Children and youth who…
- Are 8 to 18 years old
- Have cerebral palsy
- Can communicate with or without assistive devices
- Can complete a sorting task
- Are current or past clients of Holland Bloorview or Grandview treatment centres
- We will meet/email/phone you one time every week for five weeks.
- The first meeting will be at your treatment center & will last one hour.
- Four questionnaires emailed, mailed or over the phone (your choice) will take 5 minutes each.
- The last questionnaire emailed, mailed, by phone or in person at your treatment center (your choice) will take 30 minutes.
- We will ask you questions about if you have pain, what the pain is like, how it makes you feel and affects you.
- Evening and weekend appointments are possible.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Helping us understand if and when you have pain, and how it makes you feel.
- You will help inform families, clinicians and researchers about how pain and well-being in children and youth with cerebral palsy changes over time.
- Participants will receive a $25 gift card as a thank you for their time.
Interested in participating?
If you are interested in participating in this study or have additional questions, please contact Heather Shearer at email@example.com / 416-425-6220 x 6597 with your interest, and they will get back to your shortly. Contacting us does not obligate you or your child to participate in the study.