Research Study: An Investigation of Current Administrators’ Experiences in Powerchair Sport
Are you a powerchair sport champion? Do you have experience starting and/or supporting powerchair sport in your community?
Researchers from Queen’s University and McGill University, along with the Canadian Disability Participation Project, are currently recruiting research participants for:
- Online surveys with current powerchair athletes (pre-COVID) to better understand factors contributing to quality powerchair sport experiences.
- Online surveys with individuals who are eligible, but do not participate in powerchair sport (pre-COVID) to understanding how we can improve opportunities.
- Interviews with sport administrators/leaders who currently (pre-COVID) run powerchair sport programs.
- Online surveys with current powerchair sport administrators/leaders (pre-COVID) to understand strategies for overcoming barriers and facilitating quality powerchair sport experiences.
- Online surveys with administrators/leaders at healthy living, recreation, and/or sport organizations to understand barriers to providing quality powerchair sport programming.
The purpose of the study is to learn about how to design and deliver high-quality powerchair sport initiatives and as such, better understand how to improve and initiate the development of powerchair sport.
Visit https://cdpp.ca/get-involved to learn more.