Job Opportunity: Graphic Designer (Summer Student)
ONPARA is seeking a Graphic Designer with a specific interest in the sport sector. The candidate will work with ONPARA’s staff, athletes and communications volunteers to draft content in support of programming and events.
Position: Graphic Designer (Summer Student)
Position Type: Contract – 8 weeks @ 35hrs/week
Location: ON – Metro Toronto Area with travel across the Greater Toronto Area
Application Deadline: Thursday May 30, 2019
The Graphic Designer will assist with our rebranding and the redesign of our print and online promotional material. The collateral developed will clearly articulate our vision and mission using our new logo and corporate identity.
- Conduct a full review of current print and online promotional material
- Gain a full understanding of our new brand standards
- Redesign existing brochures, flyers and other promotional material that is consistent with the look and feel of our new corporate identity
- Assist with the redesign of our website (current work-in-progress)
- Gain an understanding of adaptive sports with particular focus on wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair tennis
- Work to develop ideas and offer creative direction in a team-based environment
- Access and organize photo libraries to select images for use in print and in social media posts
- Work with athletes to schedule photo shoots as required
- Liaise with printer to determine cost-effective print solutions
- Ensure material encompasses sport-specific marketing and engagement strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe software programs
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of social media and the various platforms
- Attention to detail
- Above-average organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- A desire to work with our athletes of all abilities to share their stories
- A desire to produce creative content
- Flexible schedule as programs occasionally run in the evenings and on weekends
- Knowledge of wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, wheelchair tennis or wheelchair athletics is an asset
This position is made possible through funding from the Ontario Summer Experience Program. Applicants must be:
- Between the ages of 15 and 24 years old
- Eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number
- Currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution, or within six months of graduation.
This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program and will pay a wage of $14.00/hour for 35 hours/week for a maximum of 8 weeks.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit a resume, cover letter and a link to an online portfolio or attach no more than three digital samples of their work.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2019
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Ontario Para Network
Formerly known as the Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association, our mission at the Ontario Para Network (ONPARA) is to grow adaptive sport opportunities across Ontario. As the governing body for wheelchair sports in the province, we strive to offer opportunities for individuals with disabilities to participate in wheelchair athletics, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair tennis at recreational, competitive and high performance levels. We deliver extensive outreach and education programs targeting schools as well as individuals and clinicians at rehabilitation hospitals and the broader health care sector.