Casting Call for Girls & Women with Disabilities
Olympic public service announcement campaign seeks female children and adults with visible physical disabilities
Jigsaw Casting Ltd. is casting Canada-wide for the following roles:
- ‘Hero Girl Amputee’: Female, 6-13 years old. Needs to have a visible disability, preferably amputated leg. Does not need to be a runner.
- ‘Hero Woman Amputee’: Female, 17-25 years old. Needs to have a visible disability, preferably amputated leg. Needs to be an actual runner who can run on a prosthetic. (She will be playing an older version of our Hero Girl).
- ‘Young Fan’: Female, 8-13 years old. Any type of disability.
- ‘Runners’: Females, 17-25 years old. Looking for able-bodied sprinters who train and compete currently or have in the past and still maintain the skill/body type.
Pays approx $1,500.00 (if selected) + flights and accommodation to Toronto for non-locals.
Details & Submission Information
Interested applicants must submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be invited to audition:
1. Your name, age and a little bit about your disability. Do you use a prosthetic? If yes, what type?
Hero Women: Tell us about your running experience as well.
2. Photo(s) of yourself (where we can clearly see your face – no hats or sunglasses).
3. Your primary contact information, including phone number.
*If you are a represented actor, please include your union status, resume & your agent’s contact information
4. Please write ‘Olympic PSA‘ in the subject line of e-mail, along with your name, role and age.
(e.g. OLYMPIC PSA – Jane Robinson – hero woman – age 18)
Submissions are due by Friday, December 8th at 9:00am
Applicants must be available for these key dates:
- Interviews: Week of December 11th (via Skype)
- Shoot: Jan. 15-16, 2018 (in Toronto – TBD)
Questions or Concerns
- If you have already submitted for this project, you do not need to resubmit your information
- Please note that you will not be compensated for the audition
- This is a Union PSA. Non-actors will be permitted.
- You must be a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen to participate
- If you have received this bulletin after the initial audition date, please still email us your submission as you may be able to attend the recall audition